PROMISE stands for Promoting Research Opportunities, Mentoring and Innovations for Students and Early Career Members.
PROMISE is a group that was developed through ASBHM, where the executive committee felt it was important to support, help and guide Early Career and Postgraduate contingent that are members of ASBHM.
Aims: The main aim of PROMISE is to promote research opportunities, mentoring and education for students and early career members, throughout Australasia, who have an interest in behavioural health and medicine, specifically by:
- Organising subsidised workshops on topics of interest at the ASBHM annual conference.
- Organising a free mentoring session with experienced researchers at the ASBHM annual conference.
- Organising a fun social activity at the ASBHM conference, which will give all PROMISE members an opportunity to meet others and identify common research interests.
- Notifying members of other workshops and events (outside of the ASBHM conference) that could be of value for their career development.
- Notifying members of job opportunities for early career researchers.
There are two PROMISE representatives on the ASBHM Executive Committee.
- Australia: Chris Kilby
- New Zealand: Tamasin Taylor
If you are interested in becoming a member, please visit the membership join/renew page to join ASBHM, where you can also opt-in to join the PROMISE group. If you are already a current ASBHM member, you can still opt-in to join PROMISE by emailing Lynda-Maree, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources of information for students and early career members: