ASBHM uniquely blends diverse disciplines all with a common goal. ASBHM brings together researchers and practitioners in disciplines as diverse as psychology, sports science, public health, dietetics, medicine and nursing, where everyone is working towards the same aim to enhance health outcomes through behaviour change.
There are many benefits from ASBHM membership, not the least of which is the opportunity to meet like-minded people at the vibrant and well-attended annual ASBHM conferences, and the opportunity to share knowledge at these meetings. ASBHM strongly supports all higher degree and early career researchers and regards the needs and development of these researchers as a high priority.
Annual membership rates are:
- AU$75 for professionals
- AU$25 for students
Some of the benefits of ASBHM membership include:
- Receipt of the regular ASBHM Newsletter
- Discounted fees for ASBHM conferences – these meetings offer paper and poster sessions, internationally-renowned keynote speakers, workshops, and early-career researcher mentoring sessions. Find out more about our last conference on this website, under previous conferences.
- Access to our early career and student member network (PROMISE) and associated PROMISE workshops and mentoring sessions at ASBHM conferences.
- Access to cross-Tasman networking
- Online access to the International Journal of Behavioral Medicine
- Membership in the International Society of Behavioral Medicine & discounted fees for ICBM Congresses
- Competitive student scholarships for ASBHM and ICBM conference attendance
To make it easy for you, we have an online signup and a secure credit card payment system on this website. You can also sign up online and opt to pay offline by cheque or direct debit to the ASBHM bank account. Go to the Join or Renew link on the Membership menu to sign up or renew your membership.