For Oral Presenters
Oral Presentation format
A total of 15 minutes is allocated to your topic. This included 12 minutes presentation plus 3minutes of questions/discussion) led by the Chair of your session. Please note that you must adhere to these time limits in order for the sessions to run smoothly and on time.
You will need to bring your PowerPoint presentations on a USB stick or CD-ROM. The preferred presentation format of the conference is MS Power Point in the ratio of 16:9 to fit the projector screen.
To adjust your presentation in PowerPoint, please follow these steps:
- Choose the “Design” tab then click the “Page Setup” button.
- In the drop down box, change the slide size to “On-screen Show (16:9)” – as per the screenshot below.
- You may need to adjust your slide content so that it doesn’t appear stretched.
The presenting author is required to register for the conference and pay the registration fee as a condition of presenting the paper. For any questions regarding registration for the conference please contact the local organising committee.
Audio visual equipment
The following audio visual equipment is provided in each session room:
- One data projector
- One PC compatible computer
- Remote mouse for computer
- PC audio connection
- Lectern and microphone
For Poster Presenters
Poster presentation format
- Posters must be A0 in size and in portrait orientation in order to fit on the poster boards.
- The allocated poster board space is 1.8m and 1m wide. The boards are lined with a materialto which Velcro tape can be adhered.
Tips for Poster content:
- Each poster should include a section at the top containing the poster title, author name(s)and author affiliation(s).
- The poster title should be the same as the submitted abstract. The size of the characters forthe title should be at least 2.5cm high.
- Each poster should include an Introduction/ Background, Method, Results and Conclusions.
For Workshop Presenters
The oral presenter briefing notes above are applicable as well as the below information on handouts.
In the interest of environmental sustainability, any handouts you may wish for delegates to have will need to be electronic.
These handouts are distributed to delegates registered for the workshop in the week prior to the conference. Delegates then have the option of downloading the files onto a tablet, laptop etc. or print off copies themselves.
Alternatively, you may wish to provide additional readings or handouts post workshop to delegates.